In the last week, there has been contradictory guidance issued by the CDC and the IDPH in terms of masking and contact tracing. The district has consulted with Clinton County Public Health to find the best approach.
Given that conversation, the following is the plan for the remainder of the school year keeping in mind the staffs’ health, the students’ health, and the public’s health being the priority.
Here are the guidelines for the remainder of this school year (June 3):
- All students will be required to be masked indoors including bus trips.
- All staff will be masked in the presence of students indoors.
- All visitors to indoor CCSD activities and events will be required to mask.
- All outdoor CCSD activities masking is recommended, but not required.
- Students will no longer be required to quarantine having no symptoms as a close contact. Special circumstances such as household positives, etc. will be handled on an individual basis.
As the guidance shifts as the science evolves, the school district will update its procedures.
Thank you for your support of Clinton Community Schools!