The Clinton Community School District is announcing changes in its Return to Learn plan to meet the new state law that requires 100% in-person learning option. Here is the transition plan:
- The district will continue with its current delivery plan until Friday, February 12.
- The district will move the three days for COVID disruption in the current school calendar from March 10-12 to February 15-17. That means that students will not report February 15-17 and March 10-12 will be required days of school.
- The district will use February 15-17 to move all displaced classrooms in the district in the hybrid model back to where those classrooms originated. This will also involve changes in bus routes and building procedures.
- Beginning on Thursday, February 18, the district will move to 100% in-person learning. All 4th and 5th graders served at the middle school and high school will return to their home elementary buildings. All middle school and high school students will report to school everyday.
- Parents still have a 100% online option. Those that are currently 100% online there is no change for your student. If you have a current middle school or high school student in hybrid and would like the 100% online option, please contact Andy Prinsen at CMS, firstname.lastname@example.org or JR Kuch at CHS, email@example.com.
- The hybrid option will no longer be available.
The district will continue required face coverings, sanitation routines, and building procedures to optimize social distancing.
Building principals will have follow-up communication with families on specific information regarding their buildings.
Thank you for your support of Clinton Schools in this transition.
Return to Learn video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7wYf6Ba85w&feature=youtu.be